MES official held for accepting bribe in AP
Hyderabad: An engineer attached to the Military Engineering Service (MES) here was arrested while allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 20,000, a CBI official said Tuesday.
Chinnam Ravi, the garrison engineer at Hakimpet Airforce Station, was caught red-handed by CBI officials yesterday while accepting Rs 20,000 as "illegal gratification" from a complainant (contractor) as part-payment, out of the demanded amount of Rs one lakh, the senior CBI officer said here.
CBI Hyderabad Zone had registered a case against Ravi under section 7 of Prevention of Corruption Act after the contractor approached the central agency complaining that the engineer demanded Rs one lakh as bribe for clearing his bills and settling the pending ones.
Further investigation was on.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today