MES official held for accepting bribe in AP
Hyderabad: An engineer attached to the Military Engineering Service (MES) here was arrested while allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 20,000, a CBI official said Tuesday.
Chinnam Ravi, the garrison engineer at Hakimpet Airforce Station, was caught red-handed by CBI officials yesterday while accepting Rs 20,000 as "illegal gratification" from a complainant (contractor) as part-payment, out of the demanded amount of Rs one lakh, the senior CBI officer said here.
CBI Hyderabad Zone had registered a case against Ravi under section 7 of Prevention of Corruption Act after the contractor approached the central agency complaining that the engineer demanded Rs one lakh as bribe for clearing his bills and settling the pending ones.
Further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'