MES official held for accepting bribe in AP
Hyderabad: An engineer attached to the Military Engineering Service (MES) here was arrested while allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 20,000, a CBI official said Tuesday.
Chinnam Ravi, the garrison engineer at Hakimpet Airforce Station, was caught red-handed by CBI officials yesterday while accepting Rs 20,000 as "illegal gratification" from a complainant (contractor) as part-payment, out of the demanded amount of Rs one lakh, the senior CBI officer said here.
CBI Hyderabad Zone had registered a case against Ravi under section 7 of Prevention of Corruption Act after the contractor approached the central agency complaining that the engineer demanded Rs one lakh as bribe for clearing his bills and settling the pending ones.
Further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali