Moradabad violence: Home Ministry seeks report from Uttar Pradesh govt
Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju on Sunday said that the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has sought a report from Uttar Pradesh government on the violence which erupted in Moradabad district.
"I would not like to comment on state`s (UP) law and order situation now, because I have to seek the report first and see that what is the reason behind the incident," Rijiju said on the sidelines of a seminar held here.
On media reports of a senior police official in Uttar Pradesh accusing BJP leaders for inciting tensions, he said, "MHA has sought report from the state government and then we can give reaction on it."
Tensions erupted on Friday in Kanth area of Moradabad district, after the police tried to stop some people from holding a `mahapanchayat`, organised by the state BJP, over removal of a loudspeaker from a temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months
- Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez provide qualifying boost for Force India
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Players to watch out for