Moradabad violence: Home Ministry seeks report from Uttar Pradesh govt
Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju on Sunday said that the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has sought a report from Uttar Pradesh government on the violence which erupted in Moradabad district.
"I would not like to comment on state`s (UP) law and order situation now, because I have to seek the report first and see that what is the reason behind the incident," Rijiju said on the sidelines of a seminar held here.
On media reports of a senior police official in Uttar Pradesh accusing BJP leaders for inciting tensions, he said, "MHA has sought report from the state government and then we can give reaction on it."
Tensions erupted on Friday in Kanth area of Moradabad district, after the police tried to stop some people from holding a `mahapanchayat`, organised by the state BJP, over removal of a loudspeaker from a temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan