Moradabad violence: Home Ministry seeks report from Uttar Pradesh govt
Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju on Sunday said that the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has sought a report from Uttar Pradesh government on the violence which erupted in Moradabad district.
"I would not like to comment on state`s (UP) law and order situation now, because I have to seek the report first and see that what is the reason behind the incident," Rijiju said on the sidelines of a seminar held here.
On media reports of a senior police official in Uttar Pradesh accusing BJP leaders for inciting tensions, he said, "MHA has sought report from the state government and then we can give reaction on it."
Tensions erupted on Friday in Kanth area of Moradabad district, after the police tried to stop some people from holding a `mahapanchayat`, organised by the state BJP, over removal of a loudspeaker from a temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble