Moradabad violence: Home Ministry seeks report from Uttar Pradesh govt
Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju on Sunday said that the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has sought a report from Uttar Pradesh government on the violence which erupted in Moradabad district.
"I would not like to comment on state`s (UP) law and order situation now, because I have to seek the report first and see that what is the reason behind the incident," Rijiju said on the sidelines of a seminar held here.
On media reports of a senior police official in Uttar Pradesh accusing BJP leaders for inciting tensions, he said, "MHA has sought report from the state government and then we can give reaction on it."
Tensions erupted on Friday in Kanth area of Moradabad district, after the police tried to stop some people from holding a `mahapanchayat`, organised by the state BJP, over removal of a loudspeaker from a temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about