More TDP, Cong leaders set to join TRS: Rao
Hyderabad: Close on the heels of a TDP MLA announcing his decision to join TRS, the TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday said many others from TDP and Congress would join his party soon.
"I have been telling that and it is proved many times and within the near future you will see many leaders joining TRS," he told reporters here. TDP MLA G Kamalakar from Karimnagar district had recently met the TRS president and declared his intention to join the Telangana party.
Significantly, the TRS president had recently extended an invitation to Congress leaders from Telangana region to join his party.
He had also met senior Congress leader K Keshav Rao and party MP M Jagannath, giving credence to speculation that some Congress MPs from Telangana are likely to join TRS.
Some of the Telangana Congress MPs, who have been vocal in raising the separate statehood demand, had said they would like to pursue the issue during the parliament session resuming tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the TRS president demanded that a steel plant be set up in Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh.
The demand came in the wake of Andhra Pradesh government allotting iron ore mines in Khammam and Warangal districts (in Telangana region) to the Vizag Steel Plant, a Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd (RINL) enterprise.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata