More TDP, Cong leaders set to join TRS: Rao
Hyderabad: Close on the heels of a TDP MLA announcing his decision to join TRS, the TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday said many others from TDP and Congress would join his party soon.
"I have been telling that and it is proved many times and within the near future you will see many leaders joining TRS," he told reporters here. TDP MLA G Kamalakar from Karimnagar district had recently met the TRS president and declared his intention to join the Telangana party.
Significantly, the TRS president had recently extended an invitation to Congress leaders from Telangana region to join his party.
He had also met senior Congress leader K Keshav Rao and party MP M Jagannath, giving credence to speculation that some Congress MPs from Telangana are likely to join TRS.
Some of the Telangana Congress MPs, who have been vocal in raising the separate statehood demand, had said they would like to pursue the issue during the parliament session resuming tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the TRS president demanded that a steel plant be set up in Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh.
The demand came in the wake of Andhra Pradesh government allotting iron ore mines in Khammam and Warangal districts (in Telangana region) to the Vizag Steel Plant, a Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd (RINL) enterprise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof