MP demands fast track court to try Owaisi`s attackers
Hyderabad: Asaduddin Owaisi, MP from
Hyderabad and brother of Akbaruddin Owaisi Wednesday demanded
setting up fast track court to try the assailants involved in
the murderous attack on Akbaruddin.
Addressing a press conference here he said there is a
conspiracy against his brother who is also leader of
Majlis-Ittehadul Muslimen(MIM) Legislature in the State
Assembly as he was fighting the land Mafia in his constituency
Akbaruddin received multiple serious injuries when about
ten persons attacked him while he was touring his Constituency
alongwith another party MLA Ahmed Balala who was also injured
in the attack on April 30.
Asaduddin criticised the police in handling the case and
demanded action against the policemen who were present at the
time of attack but failed to prevent assailants who fired four
rounds and later inflicted injuries with dagger on the MLA.
He criticised a section of local press for projecting the
attack as fallout of a land dispute.
"There is absolutely no truth and the MLA was only
protecting the Government land from being encroached as he
wanted to use it for the purpose of school for handicaps and
housing for poor people" Asad said.
The two-time MP also blamed police for slapping a notice
on a TV Channel which showed some visuals of attack.
He said this is undemocratic and amounts to gagging the
freedom of press and threatened to launch agitation if the
notice to the channel is not withdrawn.
Meanwhile, Akbaruddin Owaisi`s condition is now stable
and he is recovering, doctors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?