No bar on processions in Maoist belt: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: A day after TC Mamata Banerjee
announced that she would hold a party programme in Naxal-hit
Lalgarh next month, Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee
today said though there is no bar on holding procession in the
Maoist belt, permission for political meetings there has to be
given after much thought.
"Much thought should go into deciding whether political
meetings would be allowed in the Jangalmahal keeping in mind
the possibility of a sudden Maoist attack," the Chief Minister
told the state Assembly while replying to a question by
Congress leader Manas Bhunia.
Banerjee had yesterday announced that she would hold a
programme at Lalgarh on August 9 and tour Jangalmahal in
Bhattacharjee told Bhunia that the state government was
making no discrimination in allowing political parties to hold
meetings in Jangalmahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'