No bar on processions in Maoist belt: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: A day after TC Mamata Banerjee
announced that she would hold a party programme in Naxal-hit
Lalgarh next month, Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee
today said though there is no bar on holding procession in the
Maoist belt, permission for political meetings there has to be
given after much thought.
"Much thought should go into deciding whether political
meetings would be allowed in the Jangalmahal keeping in mind
the possibility of a sudden Maoist attack," the Chief Minister
told the state Assembly while replying to a question by
Congress leader Manas Bhunia.
Banerjee had yesterday announced that she would hold a
programme at Lalgarh on August 9 and tour Jangalmahal in
Bhattacharjee told Bhunia that the state government was
making no discrimination in allowing political parties to hold
meetings in Jangalmahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon