Not connected to Janardhan Reddy: Jaganmohan
New Delhi: An enraged YS Jaganmohan Reddy, MP and son of late Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, Monday slammed the media for "falsely" connecting him to mining baron G Janardhan Reddy who was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in an illegal mining case.
"How is Janardhan Reddy connected to me? I don`t have any connection with him. He is a separate man in a different state," fumed Reddy, who is in the capital to meet various national-level political leaders.
"If you have anything to ask, ask him (Janardhan Reddy) or the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)," he added.
A CBI team from Hyderabad arrested former Karnataka minister Janardhan Reddy after raiding his residence at Bellary early Monday. He has been taken to Hyderabad for interrogation in connection with the case registered against his Obbalapuram Mining Company (OMC).
Interestingly, the arrests came at a time when the CBI is probing the alleged illegal assets of Jaganmohan Reddy. Janardhan Reddy was close to Rajasekhara Reddy and his son.
Making his stand clear on the BJP, Reddy said: "Even though I am thankful to the BJP, Sushma Swaraj, we will not be supporting the BJP in any way. I have made it very clear."
"In fact, I am here to meet every opposition member and the prime minister to tell them what the CBI is not doing right," he said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days