Opposition parties criticise AP govt over Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Opposition parties like Telugu
Desam, TRS, CPI and others on Tuesday criticised the Andhra Pradesh
government in the legislative council over the Telangana and
other issues even as the ruling Congress members defended the
Hitting out at the Congress, CPI MLC P Nageswara Rao
alleged that the ruling party had fought the 2004 elections
with a party(TRS) that is born to fight for separate Telangana
but is now dilly-dallying on the issue.
"Have (UPA government) they at least said we are at it?,"
he asked, speaking on the motion of thanks to the Governor`s
address to the joint sitting of the legislature.
Pointing out that differences have grown among people
on regional lines, he said the Centre should take a decision
on the issue without delay.
Alleging that the verdict of the Krishna Water Disputes
Tribunal caused great loss to the state, he said the
government should take effective measures to protect the
TRS member N Lakshmana Rao said Telangana people are
now fighting for self-respect and self-rule.
However, Congress and TDP members took exception to
certain comments made by Lakshmana Rao quoting Jawaharlal
Maintaining that Nehru favoured dividing Andhra Pradesh
as and when Telangana or non-Telangana regions wanted, he
quoted a speech reportedly made by Nehru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics