OU asst prof held for accepting bribe of Rs 20k
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Wednesday caught an assistant professor at the Osmania University here red-handed while he was allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 20,000 in return of official favour.
Chand Basha, the assistant professor at Microbiology Department, allegedly sought the bribe from the complainant, a research scholar, in lieu of official favour.
He was trapped by the agency sleuths when he was accepting Rs 20,000 from the complainant, an ACB release said.
According to ACB, Basha had been demanding and forcefully extracting illegal gratification from many other research scholars.
He will be produced before a ACB court here, the release said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested