OU asst prof held for accepting bribe of Rs 20k
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Wednesday caught an assistant professor at the Osmania University here red-handed while he was allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 20,000 in return of official favour.
Chand Basha, the assistant professor at Microbiology Department, allegedly sought the bribe from the complainant, a research scholar, in lieu of official favour.
He was trapped by the agency sleuths when he was accepting Rs 20,000 from the complainant, an ACB release said.
According to ACB, Basha had been demanding and forcefully extracting illegal gratification from many other research scholars.
He will be produced before a ACB court here, the release said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites