OU asst prof held for accepting bribe of Rs 20k
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Wednesday caught an assistant professor at the Osmania University here red-handed while he was allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 20,000 in return of official favour.
Chand Basha, the assistant professor at Microbiology Department, allegedly sought the bribe from the complainant, a research scholar, in lieu of official favour.
He was trapped by the agency sleuths when he was accepting Rs 20,000 from the complainant, an ACB release said.
According to ACB, Basha had been demanding and forcefully extracting illegal gratification from many other research scholars.
He will be produced before a ACB court here, the release said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi