OU police registers another case against MIM MLA Owaisi
Hyderabad: Close on heels of registration of two FIRs against Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making "hate speech" against a particular community, the Osmania University Police here on Friday registered another case against him on a court directive.
A case was registered under section 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, language etc and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony) of IPC this afternoon, a day after the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate directed the Osmania University Police (OU) to investigate the complaint.
The complainant, a city-based businessman S Venkatesh Goud, earlier alleged that the Chandrayangutta legislator had given "highly provocative and derogatory" speech against the majority community, which was telecast on a local television channel on December 8 and 9.
OU police said after receiving the court orders they registered the FIR, adding they will send notices to Akbaruddin seeking an explanation (record his statement) besides examining the TV footage of the speech.
"Action will be taken as per law," a police officer said.
In a related development, the court of Metropolitan Magistrate in Ranga Reddy district directed L B Nagar Police to investigate allegations of "hate" speech given by Akbaruddin during public meetings at Nirmal town of Adilabad district and Nizmabad district last month and file a status report by February 2, following a complaint by an advocate.
The complainant S Janardhan Goud alleged that sentiments of a particular community were hurt due to the alleged speech delivered by the MIM leader and sought for registration of a case under relevant sections of IPC.
Taking suo motu action, Andhra Pradesh Police yesterday registered two FIRs at Adilabad and Nizamabad districts after Akbaruddin allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory language against a particular community during his public speeches last month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed