OU police registers another case against MIM MLA Owaisi
Hyderabad: Close on heels of registration of two FIRs against Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making "hate speech" against a particular community, the Osmania University Police here on Friday registered another case against him on a court directive.
A case was registered under section 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, language etc and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony) of IPC this afternoon, a day after the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate directed the Osmania University Police (OU) to investigate the complaint.
The complainant, a city-based businessman S Venkatesh Goud, earlier alleged that the Chandrayangutta legislator had given "highly provocative and derogatory" speech against the majority community, which was telecast on a local television channel on December 8 and 9.
OU police said after receiving the court orders they registered the FIR, adding they will send notices to Akbaruddin seeking an explanation (record his statement) besides examining the TV footage of the speech.
"Action will be taken as per law," a police officer said.
In a related development, the court of Metropolitan Magistrate in Ranga Reddy district directed L B Nagar Police to investigate allegations of "hate" speech given by Akbaruddin during public meetings at Nirmal town of Adilabad district and Nizmabad district last month and file a status report by February 2, following a complaint by an advocate.
The complainant S Janardhan Goud alleged that sentiments of a particular community were hurt due to the alleged speech delivered by the MIM leader and sought for registration of a case under relevant sections of IPC.
Taking suo motu action, Andhra Pradesh Police yesterday registered two FIRs at Adilabad and Nizamabad districts after Akbaruddin allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory language against a particular community during his public speeches last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy