Patna-Mysore `Exam Special` train delayed for nine hours, Bihar students protest
Vijayawada: The Patna-Mysore `Exam Special` train got delayed by around nine hours on Saturday, following which students from Bihar travelling in the train held protests at the Vijaywada Railway Station, sources said.
The railway administration has introduced this special train, which was supposed to reach Bangalore at 8.40 pm on Saturday and the students were travelling to Mysore to appear for EMCET on Sunday.
Since the train reached Vijayawada at 4.10 pm on Saturday instead of 7.30 am, some of the students met the railway officials to request them to run it non stop between Vijayawada and Bangalore so that they reach for the exam in time.
However, since there was no official present, they ransacked the station manager`s office, sources said.
The Railway police and RPF controlled the situation.
Later, Station Manager Hanumatha Rao told reporters that the train was running behind schedule from the start itself.
Further details were not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August
- My film choices are erratic: Varun Dhawan
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!