Patna-Mysore `Exam Special` train delayed for nine hours, Bihar students protest
Vijayawada: The Patna-Mysore `Exam Special` train got delayed by around nine hours on Saturday, following which students from Bihar travelling in the train held protests at the Vijaywada Railway Station, sources said.
The railway administration has introduced this special train, which was supposed to reach Bangalore at 8.40 pm on Saturday and the students were travelling to Mysore to appear for EMCET on Sunday.
Since the train reached Vijayawada at 4.10 pm on Saturday instead of 7.30 am, some of the students met the railway officials to request them to run it non stop between Vijayawada and Bangalore so that they reach for the exam in time.
However, since there was no official present, they ransacked the station manager`s office, sources said.
The Railway police and RPF controlled the situation.
Later, Station Manager Hanumatha Rao told reporters that the train was running behind schedule from the start itself.
Further details were not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it