Police launch `cordon and search` operation in Cyberabad
Hyderabad: To keep a tab on the movement of terror suspects and criminals, the Cyberabad Police has started a cordon and search operation in different areas here.
The exercise involving vehicle checking, visit to houses, collecting particulars of tenants/inhabitants, will also ensure that anti-social elements don`t turn the localities into shelter zones, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Malkajgiri Zone) V Siva Kumar said.
"Lot of personnel from Armed Reserve and different wings of Andhra Pradesh Police are deployed in the operation. The cordon and search operations will help police in preventing and detecting crime and maintain law and order and will also inculcate a sense of social responsibility among citizens," the DCP explained.
This area policing initiative, taken up for the first time in Malkajgiri zone of Cyberabad, will also make the colonies more safe and secure, he said.
"Though, we don`t have specific inputs on stay of terror suspects in these areas but this operation will help in maintaining a close watch on such elements also," he said.
With rapid urbanisation, many people are settling down on the outskirts of the city due to cheap housing rents. However, several instances have been reported wherein people committing offences in different parts of Hyderabad and elsewhere are staying in the areas falling under the jurisdiction of Malkajgiri zone and other parts of Cyberabad, he said.
"We don`t want these areas to be unsafe due to unauthorised persons taking shelter and indulging in offences," Siva Kumar said, pointing out that they have analysed certain pockets having vibrations of anti-social activities and identified crime prone areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers