Police launch `cordon and search` operation in Cyberabad
Hyderabad: To keep a tab on the movement of terror suspects and criminals, the Cyberabad Police has started a cordon and search operation in different areas here.
The exercise involving vehicle checking, visit to houses, collecting particulars of tenants/inhabitants, will also ensure that anti-social elements don`t turn the localities into shelter zones, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Malkajgiri Zone) V Siva Kumar said.
"Lot of personnel from Armed Reserve and different wings of Andhra Pradesh Police are deployed in the operation. The cordon and search operations will help police in preventing and detecting crime and maintain law and order and will also inculcate a sense of social responsibility among citizens," the DCP explained.
This area policing initiative, taken up for the first time in Malkajgiri zone of Cyberabad, will also make the colonies more safe and secure, he said.
"Though, we don`t have specific inputs on stay of terror suspects in these areas but this operation will help in maintaining a close watch on such elements also," he said.
With rapid urbanisation, many people are settling down on the outskirts of the city due to cheap housing rents. However, several instances have been reported wherein people committing offences in different parts of Hyderabad and elsewhere are staying in the areas falling under the jurisdiction of Malkajgiri zone and other parts of Cyberabad, he said.
"We don`t want these areas to be unsafe due to unauthorised persons taking shelter and indulging in offences," Siva Kumar said, pointing out that they have analysed certain pockets having vibrations of anti-social activities and identified crime prone areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray