Police raid Hyderabad pub, detain 80 youths
Hyderabad: City Police on Sunday raided a pub in posh locality of Banjara Hills and picked up at least 80 youths, including 10 girls, most of them believed to be IT professionals.
On a tip-off that the management of `Tonic` pub are operating the bar in violation of prescribed norms, police raided the pub in wee hours and took 80 youths into custody, they said.
All of them were later released on bail after a session of counselling, a senior police officer said, adding that the youths were asked to appear before police for another round of counselling next Saturday.
The pub was sealed and its manager was arrested for allegedly keeping the bar open beyond prescribed time limit of 12 midnight, police said.
"The manager will be booked under the Excise Act," he said.
According to sources, many youths belonged to influential families, and were attending a birthday bash of an industrialist`s daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan