Police refuse permission for pro-Telangana march
Hyderabad: Making it clear that no permission has been granted or will be given for the proposed Telangana Joint Action Committee sponsored `chalo Assembly` on June 14, Hyderabad police on Sunday warned of initiating stern action against those breaking law.
With the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly session starting from tomorrow, appropriate security arrangements have been made with deployment of police forces from the city and outside, Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters.
Prohibitory orders have already been imposed in a radius of 2 kms of the Assembly building to ensure that the session goes on smoothly.
Referring to the `chalo Assembly` call given by T-JAC, the Hyderabad police chief said, "No one has approached us for permission. We would like to make it clear that till now we have not given permission to any such demonstration/programme nor will give in future."
Warning of initiating stern action against those breaking law, Sharma said, "Definitely we are not going to give any permission and because of the prohibitory orders in force any such demonstration will be illegal and I request the public through media not to participate in this kind of demonstration."
"Stern action will be taken against all those who participate in the programme and they will be booked under specific cases," he said.
Sharma said he had already reviewed the security arrangements with Speaker N Manohar and said, "Demonstration is a democratic right but it should be done in a democratic manner and within the purview of the law. No one should take law in their hands."
JAC chairman M Kodandaram had earlier said that they will go ahead with the `chalo Assembly` programme and that the call was given under "inevitable" circumstances due to delay in formation of Telangana state and the "deceiving" nature of Congress and other parties opposed to the demand.
Earlier, a series of violent incidents were witnessed during the previous `Telangana march` on September 30 last year and `million march` in March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured