Poor facilities at juvenile home: CS served notice
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission (APSHRC) today issued notices to the Chief Secretary and Principal Secretary of Child Welfare Department seeking their response for lack of facilities for counselling and reformative measures at the Juvenile Home at Saidabad here.
APSHRC Chairperson, Justice Nissar Ahmed Kakru, after visiting the Juvenile Home, said "Space for classrooms there is not conducive for education. No separate accommodation is provided for counselling and reformative measures appear to be inadequate".
"Apart from this, there are many areas which call for attention in the form of effective steps to ensure that human rights of the inmates are not violated," Kakru said and served notices to the Chief Secretary, Principal Secretary of Women Development, Child Welfare and Disabled Welfare and Director of Juvenile Welfare seeking their response within two weeks, according to a release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media