Pranab to meet AP Legislative Assembly Cong members on July 1
Hyderabad: UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee will have a meeting with the Congress members of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly here on July one, party sources said.
He will meet with the Congress MLAs, MLCs and MPs at Jubilee Hall here.
The Congress Legislature Party (CLP) has sent a communication to all its legislators to attend the meeting without fail, the sources said.
Congress has a strength of 155 in the 294-member House.
The city-based Majlis Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM), which has a strength of seven MLAs, has announced support for Mukherjee`s candidature.
Main opposition Telugu Desam-86, Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party of Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy (YSRCP)-17 and Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS)-17 are yet to announce their decision on whom to support in the Presidential poll.
NDA`s presidential nominee PA Sangma sought the support of TDP, TRS and also YSRCP for his candidature.
- Google Chrome overtakes Internet Explorer to be crowned top web browser
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu