Rajnath to visit Hyderabad, meet families of blast victims
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh will visit Hyderabad on Friday to meet the injured and family members of those killed in the twin blasts in the city.
Rajnath, accompanied by BJP MP and spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain and party secretary Murlidhar Rao, is likely to visit the Dilsukhnagar area of Hyderabad where the two blasts took place yesterday evening.
The BJP leaders will also visit the hospitals where the injured are being treated and later meet the kin of those killed.
BJP is also likely to demand suspension of Question Hour in Lok Sabha to discuss the terror issue.
In a statement issued yesterday, Singh had condoled the death of innocent people in the blast and demanded that immediate steps be taken to provide relief to the injured.
14 people were killed and 110 injured, six of them critically when two powerful near simultaneous blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area in Hyderabad yesterday.
The blasts triggered by Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) tied to two bicycles took place at two sites 100 metres apart outside a roadside eatery near Konark and Venkatadiri theatres in the area located on the Hyderabad-Vijaywada National Highway in Cyberabad police limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'