Reddy seeks list of Cong leaders supporting Jagan
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
N Kiran Kumar Reddy is believed to have asked his Cabinet
colleagues to compile a list of Congress leaders and their kin
supporting YSR Congress president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Sources said Kumar asked his Cabinet colleagues at a
meeting here today to "prepare a list of MPs, MLAs, MLCs,
senior Congress leaders and kin of these leaders who are
sailing with Jagan" and based on the list, "necessary action"
can be initiated against them.
He has particularly directed the respective district
in-charge ministers to prepare a report based on the list and
submit it at the earliest, a senior minister said, requesting
There have been reports about growing disenchantment
with Jagan among Congress leaders currently siding with the
young Kadapa MP.
"We have to seize the opportunity and see that our
party leaders do not jump into Jagan`s camp. And, we should
also weed out the hardcore elements who continue to sail with
Jagan," the minister quoted Kumar as telling them.
With the new state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana
getting down to the business of revitalising the ruling party
in the wake of the Jagan rebellion, Kiran too is said to be
focusing his energies on containing the Jagan factor, the
"The Chief Minister wants the government and the
Congress party to work in tandem to nullify the Jagan effect.
Accordingly, Kiran seems to be working out the strategies,"
the minister pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145