Rs 30 cr spl assistance programme for tribals in East Godavari
Rajahmundry: A Rs 30-crore special assistance programme for?tribals in East Godavari district has been planned for 2014-15, Collector Neetu Prasad has said.
Prasad yesterday chaired a meeting on the special assistance programme during which various works to be taken up in tribals areas, including roads, culverts, health and education activities, with Rs 30 crores were finalised.
The plan was envisaged with an aim to eradicate poverty, combating Naxalism in agency areas by improving transport, communication, health, education and other infrastructural facilities, she said.
All these works will be finalised after conducting gram sabhas in villages in the next 15 days, she said.
Provision of drinking water, training of tribal youth, construction of godowns and eco-tourism projects were also proposed under this plan, the Collector said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai