Rs 30 cr spl assistance programme for tribals in East Godavari
Rajahmundry: A Rs 30-crore special assistance programme for?tribals in East Godavari district has been planned for 2014-15, Collector Neetu Prasad has said.
Prasad yesterday chaired a meeting on the special assistance programme during which various works to be taken up in tribals areas, including roads, culverts, health and education activities, with Rs 30 crores were finalised.
The plan was envisaged with an aim to eradicate poverty, combating Naxalism in agency areas by improving transport, communication, health, education and other infrastructural facilities, she said.
All these works will be finalised after conducting gram sabhas in villages in the next 15 days, she said.
Provision of drinking water, training of tribal youth, construction of godowns and eco-tourism projects were also proposed under this plan, the Collector said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list