Sack ministers linked with liquor mafia: Naidu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N
Chandrababu Naidu has appealed to Andhra Pradesh Chief
Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy to immediately remove the tainted
ministers who allegedly have links with the liquor mafia.
In an open letter addressed to common people, the former
chief minister also demanded making public the entire contents
of Anti-Corruption Bureau report on its investigations into
the liquor syndicates.
"It was deplorable that the state Congress president and
Transport Minister Botsa Satyanarayana has admitted to having
stakes in 31 liquor shops in his native Vizianagaram
district," Naidu said.
"Health Minister DL Ravindra Reddy alleged that the name
of Horticulture Minister Ramireddy Venkat Reddy was removed
from the ACB remand report despite his name figuring in the
liquor syndicate`s diary. Major Irrigation Minister Sudarshan
Reddy himself announced that his family is into the liquor
business while Excise Minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana
obtained liquor distribution dealerships in two states in the
name of his son," the TDP chief pointed out.
The ACB remand report also mentioned that Rs 40 lakh was
paid as bribe to the personal assistant of Roads and Buildings
Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao as well as his close relatives
in Srikakulam district, he said.
"It has been established that 12 MPs and 70 MLAs and MLCs
have links with the liquor mafia. The sixth page in the ACB
remand report has been mysteriously removed as it would fully
expose everyone," Naidu alleged.
"The chief minister should break his silence and order a
comprehensive inquiry into the activities of liquor mafia. It
is highly regrettable that the chief minister has not opened
his mouth despite knowing the fact that a staggering Rs 5,000
crore has changed hands in the form of kickbacks among the
liquor mafia, some ministers and legislators," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor