Sack ministers linked with liquor mafia: Naidu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N
Chandrababu Naidu has appealed to Andhra Pradesh Chief
Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy to immediately remove the tainted
ministers who allegedly have links with the liquor mafia.
In an open letter addressed to common people, the former
chief minister also demanded making public the entire contents
of Anti-Corruption Bureau report on its investigations into
the liquor syndicates.
"It was deplorable that the state Congress president and
Transport Minister Botsa Satyanarayana has admitted to having
stakes in 31 liquor shops in his native Vizianagaram
district," Naidu said.
"Health Minister DL Ravindra Reddy alleged that the name
of Horticulture Minister Ramireddy Venkat Reddy was removed
from the ACB remand report despite his name figuring in the
liquor syndicate`s diary. Major Irrigation Minister Sudarshan
Reddy himself announced that his family is into the liquor
business while Excise Minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana
obtained liquor distribution dealerships in two states in the
name of his son," the TDP chief pointed out.
The ACB remand report also mentioned that Rs 40 lakh was
paid as bribe to the personal assistant of Roads and Buildings
Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao as well as his close relatives
in Srikakulam district, he said.
"It has been established that 12 MPs and 70 MLAs and MLCs
have links with the liquor mafia. The sixth page in the ACB
remand report has been mysteriously removed as it would fully
expose everyone," Naidu alleged.
"The chief minister should break his silence and order a
comprehensive inquiry into the activities of liquor mafia. It
is highly regrettable that the chief minister has not opened
his mouth despite knowing the fact that a staggering Rs 5,000
crore has changed hands in the form of kickbacks among the
liquor mafia, some ministers and legislators," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened