Schism in AP govt out in open, Dep CM slams Kiran Reddy
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Damodara Rajanarasimha on Saturday night lambasted Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy over his statement opposing the proposed bifurcation of the state, and said it didn`t matter whether Reddy remained in his post or quit.
"Kiran was not elected as Chief Minister by the MLAs. He lobbied hard in New Delhi and became CM through a sealed cover. It doesn`t matter if he remains CM or not," Damodara lashed out, speaking on the sidelines of a function here tonight.
Reacting angrily to the Chief Minister`s claims, made at a press conference last night, the Deputy CM said there would be no "water wars" (between Telangana and Seemaandhra) upon the division.
"The dream of Telangana people is set to be realised. It will not create any sort of problems to anyone," he asserted.
He wondered what Reddy did all these years when the Congress favoured creation of Telangana state.
On Reddy`s remark that the "match is not over till the last ball is bowled", the Deputy CM said, "There is no bat, no ball."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read