Seemandhra electricity employees call off strike
Hyderabad: Electricity employees of Seemandhra Thursday called off their five-day strike in view of a cyclone threat.
After talks with Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy, leaders of Joint Action Committee (JAC) of Seemandhra electricity employees told reporters that they were temporarily suspending the strike on humanitarian grounds.
One of the leaders R. Saibaba said if necessary they would resume the strike to pressurize the Centre to keep the state united.
The chief minister appealed to the employees to end the strike as it was causing severe hardships to people and also in view of the threat to coastal region from severe cyclonic storm in Bay of Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final