Students hold demonstration for united Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Students from Andhra and Rayalaseema regions on Friday staged a protest here in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
Samaikyandhra Students Joint Action Committee organised the protest near Public Garden.
Students from 14 universities from Andhra and Rayalaseema took part in the demonstration, the organisers said.
Over two dozen members of the committee were taken into custody during the protest, police said.
The student leaders said they submitted a memorandum to Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma seeking permission for a public meeting on January 21.
Police prevented the committee members from continuing the protest and took them into preventive custody even as they raised slogans. At least 25 protesters were taken into custody and later released, a senior police officer said.
Asked about nod for the meeting, the officer said the matter was under consideration.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan