TDP delegation from Telangana meets Prez, demands statehood
New Delhi: A delegation of TDP leaders and
MLAs from Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh today met
President Pratibha Patil and demanded the Centre immediately
initiate steps for formation of a separate Telangana state.
The delegation of MLAs and former MLAs from the region
led by senior leader Nagam Janardhana Reddy met Patil at the
Rasthrapati Bhavan and apprised her of the situation in the
The leaders said they told the President that the Centre
should take steps for the formation of a separate Telangana
state as per Home Minister P Chidambaram’s statement on
December 9, 2009 in this regard.
The delegation also brought to the notice of Patil that
the President’s address to Parliament a couple of years back
had mentioned this issue.
The delegation had yesterday met Chidambaram and
apprised him of the ground situation in Telangana region and
the overwhelming support for the statehood demand and asked
him to take urgent steps to introduce the separate state bill
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi