TDP delegation from Telangana meets Prez, demands statehood
New Delhi: A delegation of TDP leaders and
MLAs from Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh today met
President Pratibha Patil and demanded the Centre immediately
initiate steps for formation of a separate Telangana state.
The delegation of MLAs and former MLAs from the region
led by senior leader Nagam Janardhana Reddy met Patil at the
Rasthrapati Bhavan and apprised her of the situation in the
The leaders said they told the President that the Centre
should take steps for the formation of a separate Telangana
state as per Home Minister P Chidambaram’s statement on
December 9, 2009 in this regard.
The delegation also brought to the notice of Patil that
the President’s address to Parliament a couple of years back
had mentioned this issue.
The delegation had yesterday met Chidambaram and
apprised him of the ground situation in Telangana region and
the overwhelming support for the statehood demand and asked
him to take urgent steps to introduce the separate state bill
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed