TDP delegation from Telangana meets Prez, demands statehood
New Delhi: A delegation of TDP leaders and
MLAs from Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh today met
President Pratibha Patil and demanded the Centre immediately
initiate steps for formation of a separate Telangana state.
The delegation of MLAs and former MLAs from the region
led by senior leader Nagam Janardhana Reddy met Patil at the
Rasthrapati Bhavan and apprised her of the situation in the
The leaders said they told the President that the Centre
should take steps for the formation of a separate Telangana
state as per Home Minister P Chidambaram’s statement on
December 9, 2009 in this regard.
The delegation also brought to the notice of Patil that
the President’s address to Parliament a couple of years back
had mentioned this issue.
The delegation had yesterday met Chidambaram and
apprised him of the ground situation in Telangana region and
the overwhelming support for the statehood demand and asked
him to take urgent steps to introduce the separate state bill
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next