TDP leaders stand in water to demand wall along Krishna river
Vijayawada: TDP leaders staged `Jal Deeksha` agitation by standing in the Krishna river water for a few hours demanding construction of a retaining wall along the river to protect the local people from floods.
TDP district president and legislator D Umamaheswara Rao, former MP G Ramamohan, former Mayor G Anuradh and many other party leaders as well as those from the left parties, stood in the Krishna river water for more than three hours here to attract government`s attention to the issue.
The TDP and left leaders alleged that since the past so many years, the ruling party had been giving "false promises" about the construction of a retaining wall on the river bank.
The TDP announced that the party would continue the agitation for the retaining wall as well as for construction of a flyover on the national highway near Kanakadurga temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?