TDP leaders stand in water to demand wall along Krishna river
Vijayawada: TDP leaders staged `Jal Deeksha` agitation by standing in the Krishna river water for a few hours demanding construction of a retaining wall along the river to protect the local people from floods.
TDP district president and legislator D Umamaheswara Rao, former MP G Ramamohan, former Mayor G Anuradh and many other party leaders as well as those from the left parties, stood in the Krishna river water for more than three hours here to attract government`s attention to the issue.
The TDP and left leaders alleged that since the past so many years, the ruling party had been giving "false promises" about the construction of a retaining wall on the river bank.
The TDP announced that the party would continue the agitation for the retaining wall as well as for construction of a flyover on the national highway near Kanakadurga temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest