TDP leaders stand in water to demand wall along Krishna river
Vijayawada: TDP leaders staged `Jal Deeksha` agitation by standing in the Krishna river water for a few hours demanding construction of a retaining wall along the river to protect the local people from floods.
TDP district president and legislator D Umamaheswara Rao, former MP G Ramamohan, former Mayor G Anuradh and many other party leaders as well as those from the left parties, stood in the Krishna river water for more than three hours here to attract government`s attention to the issue.
The TDP and left leaders alleged that since the past so many years, the ruling party had been giving "false promises" about the construction of a retaining wall on the river bank.
The TDP announced that the party would continue the agitation for the retaining wall as well as for construction of a flyover on the national highway near Kanakadurga temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin from July 18, end on August 12
- Barack Obama does not see major, cataclysmic changes after Brexit
- Mumbai: Youth performs daredevil stunt atop local train - Watch video
- You cannot afford to miss these monsoon destinations in India!
- Prince Harry joins Coldplay onstage at Kensington Palace gig