TDP leaders stand in water to demand wall along Krishna river
Vijayawada: TDP leaders staged `Jal Deeksha` agitation by standing in the Krishna river water for a few hours demanding construction of a retaining wall along the river to protect the local people from floods.
TDP district president and legislator D Umamaheswara Rao, former MP G Ramamohan, former Mayor G Anuradh and many other party leaders as well as those from the left parties, stood in the Krishna river water for more than three hours here to attract government`s attention to the issue.
The TDP and left leaders alleged that since the past so many years, the ruling party had been giving "false promises" about the construction of a retaining wall on the river bank.
The TDP announced that the party would continue the agitation for the retaining wall as well as for construction of a flyover on the national highway near Kanakadurga temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon