TDP suspends legislator Amarnath Reddy
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party on Friday suspended its legislator N Amarnath Reddy after he met YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy at the Chanchalguda jail here this afternoon.
"I never imagined that I would have to quit TDP in which
I served since its inception. I was forced to walk out of TDP due to its anti-people policies," Amarnath told reporters after meeting Jagan.
He announced later that he would soon join the YSR Congress in deference to wishes of people in his Palamaneru constituency in Chittor district.
Amarnath`s exit is a blow to TDP president N Chandrababu
Naidu`s home district Chittoor. A close aide of Chandrababu, Amarnath`s exit has been on the cards for sometime now after he publicly criticised Chandrababu over the TDP`s stand on the Telangana statehood issue.
He is the fourth MLA from the Andhra-Rayalaseema region to be suspended from the TDP.
Earlier, TDP MLAs Kodali Srivenkateswara Rao alias Nani (from Gudivada in Krishna district), Taneti Vanita (from Gopalapuram in West Godavari district) and Praveen Kumar Reddy (from Tamballapalli in Chittoor district) have been suspended from the party after they jumped over to the YSRC. The rebel MLAs have switched sides to YSRC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'