TDP suspends legislator Amarnath Reddy
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party on Friday suspended its legislator N Amarnath Reddy after he met YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy at the Chanchalguda jail here this afternoon.
"I never imagined that I would have to quit TDP in which
I served since its inception. I was forced to walk out of TDP due to its anti-people policies," Amarnath told reporters after meeting Jagan.
He announced later that he would soon join the YSR Congress in deference to wishes of people in his Palamaneru constituency in Chittor district.
Amarnath`s exit is a blow to TDP president N Chandrababu
Naidu`s home district Chittoor. A close aide of Chandrababu, Amarnath`s exit has been on the cards for sometime now after he publicly criticised Chandrababu over the TDP`s stand on the Telangana statehood issue.
He is the fourth MLA from the Andhra-Rayalaseema region to be suspended from the TDP.
Earlier, TDP MLAs Kodali Srivenkateswara Rao alias Nani (from Gudivada in Krishna district), Taneti Vanita (from Gopalapuram in West Godavari district) and Praveen Kumar Reddy (from Tamballapalli in Chittoor district) have been suspended from the party after they jumped over to the YSRC. The rebel MLAs have switched sides to YSRC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!