Telangana Brahmins form committee to support statehood demand
Hyderabad: A group of Brahmins from Telangana
region on Sunday floated `Telangana Archaka (priests), Brahmin
Joint Action Committee, in support of demand for statehood to
"Brahmins in Telangana are not a forward caste in
reality. The endowments department is full of officials from
non-Telangana regions. The Brahmins can prosper only in
separate Telangana. All sections of society in Telangana are
fighting for separate state and we need to be part of it," G
Bhanu Murthy, a leader of the Telangana Brahmins JAC, said.
The Brahmins in Telangana should refuse to cooperate
with political leaders who do not quit their posts in support
of separate Telangana and trigger a constitutional crisis to
pile up pressure on the Centre towards acceding separate
Telangana demand, he said.
The decision of Brahmins to fight for separate Telangana
is a good omen for achieving statehood as they can influence
the public opinion in villages, K Srinivasa Goud, leader of
Telangana Gazetted Officers Association, said.
Though TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao was scheduled
to attend the meeting, he did not turn up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider