Telangana issue cannot be resolved easily: AP CM
Hyderabad: Telangana is not an issue that can be resolved easily, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said on Monday.
"The demand (for a separate state) has been there for many years now. It can`t be resolved easily," he said, intervening in a short discussion on the issue in the state Assembly.
The Centre was seriously looking into the issue and holding consultations with various stakeholders, he said.
Earlier, TRS and BJP legislators were suspended from the House for disrupting the proceedings.
Immediately after that, CPI floor leader Gunda Mallesh suggested that the government bring a resolution on the statehood issue in the House.
"The resolution may be passed or defeated. But government should first table it in the House," Mallesh said.
TDP leader E Dayakar Rao alleged that Congress president Sonia Gandhi went back on her promise of creating Telangana state.
"Over 1,000 youths ended their lives for the cause of a separate state, but still Congress remains indifferent," he said.
Though TDP made its stand amply clear on Telangana, the party was being being blamed unnecessarily, he added.
CPM legislator J Ranga Reddy also found fault with Congress for dragging its feet on the statehood issue.
Major Industries Minister J Geeta rose to rebut the TDP charge, but the party legislators staged a walk out from the House in line with their decision to "boycott" all "tainted ministers", who were under the CBI scanner in Jagan`s illegal assets case.
After the brief discussion, the House took up discussion on budgetary demands.
This was the first time that the House got down to transact business after the Budget session resumed on June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'