Telangana issue: Kiran Reddy meets PM, HM
New Delhi: Here for consultations on the Telangana statehood demand, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy on Tuesday held discussions with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on the sensitive issue.
Reddy, who was called to the capital by the Congress High Command yesterday, is understood to have briefed Singh about the prevailing political and law and order situation in the state.
The Telangana issue, a decision on which was deferred last week by the Centre, is believed to have come up for discussion at length during the meeting between Reddy and Singh.
Reddy also met Shinde separately and discussed the issue, which has divided the state on regional lines.
The Chief Minister had yesterday held consultations with Congress President Sonia Gandhi, her political secretary Ahmed Patel and party General Secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad on the Telangana issue.
The meetings come in the wake of Congress` announcement that it was not opposed to creation of a separate Telangana state. Party spokesman P C Chacko had last week said discussions were on at various levels on this issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack