Telangana JAC to pressurise MLAs to quit their posts
Hyderabad: The all-party Telangana Joint
Action Committee (JAC) on Tuesday decided to mount pressure on the
MLAs from the region to quit their posts in protest against
the Centre`s alleged wavering attitude on the separate
Coming under pressure from the students of Osmania
University here, the nerve centre of the Telangana agitation,
following the alleged suicide by a student in support of the
separate state demand, the JAC leaders decided to press for
the resignation of the public representatives.
"The people are committing suicide in protest against the
government`s wavering attitude as the Centre hesitates to make
a categorical statement in support of Telangana. That is how
they are expressing their anger," JAC convenor C Kodandaram
"We feel the only way to stop all this is an announcement
of a time frame for the formation of Telangana state. In this
direction we feel the public representatives should quit their
posts to express their protest," he said.
The JAC would call for a meeting of the public
representatives tomorrow or day after tomorrow to press for
their resignation, Kodandaram said.
The JAC also decided to support the 24-hour Telangana
bandh called by the students tomorrow.
Earlier, the charred body of K Venugopal Reddy (23), an
MCA final-year student of a private college, was found near
Tagore Auditorium in the OU premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves