Telangana: Kiran Kumar Reddy threatens to quit politics if bill tabled in Parliament
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday threatened to quit politics if the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation 2013 Bill is tabled in the Parliament in its current form.
"I challenge them to put the same Bill, which they referred to us, in Parliament. If it is accepted, I will get away from politics," Kiran Kumar told PTI.
The Andhra CM also alleged that an in-comprehensive bill was sent to the President by the central government and asked for additional three-four weeks time to discuss it.
Reddy had been vocal about his opposition for creation of a separate Telangana state and has time and again threatened to quit with several MPs if the new state is formed.
The Andhra bifurcation bill states that Telangana will comprise 10 districts with Hyderabad remaining the capital of both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh for the next 10 years.
Meanwhile, the Andhra Pradesh House session continued to be disrupted for the third day today over Telangana issue due to protests by the MPs supporting formation of separate Telangana state and others who are opposing it.
The House was adjourned twice. with the agitating Seemandhara MPs demanding voting for the dismissal of the Bill.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark