Telangana supporter Nalini joins BJP
Hyderabad: Former Deputy Superintendent of Police D Nalini on Thursday joined the BJP in the presence of Andhra Pradesh party unit president G Kishan Reddy here.
Nalini, who hails from Bhongir in Nalgonda district in Telangana region, had quit from her post in November last year in support for a separate Telangana.
BJP state party chief Kishan Reddy welcomed her at the BJP state office on M J road here along with over 100 supporters.
Former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, party`s national secretary K Laxman and other leaders were present on the occasion.
Speaking to media later, Nalini said she had decided to join the party as it was committed to the cause of Telangana.
She claimed the party had assured people of the region that formation of Telangana would be announced within 100 days of its coming to power.
Nalini, who was working in the Women Protection Cell in the CID, was suspended from service by the Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police last year on charges of "grave misconduct" when she announced her support for Telangana publicly while in service.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro