Telangana supporter Nalini joins BJP
Hyderabad: Former Deputy Superintendent of Police D Nalini on Thursday joined the BJP in the presence of Andhra Pradesh party unit president G Kishan Reddy here.
Nalini, who hails from Bhongir in Nalgonda district in Telangana region, had quit from her post in November last year in support for a separate Telangana.
BJP state party chief Kishan Reddy welcomed her at the BJP state office on M J road here along with over 100 supporters.
Former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, party`s national secretary K Laxman and other leaders were present on the occasion.
Speaking to media later, Nalini said she had decided to join the party as it was committed to the cause of Telangana.
She claimed the party had assured people of the region that formation of Telangana would be announced within 100 days of its coming to power.
Nalini, who was working in the Women Protection Cell in the CID, was suspended from service by the Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police last year on charges of "grave misconduct" when she announced her support for Telangana publicly while in service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list