Three charred to death in fire cracker unit explosion in AP
Rajahmundry (AP): Two women and a child were charred to death and four others injured in an explosion in a fire-crackers manufacturing unit in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh Sunday afternoon.
The explosion occurred at around 2 pm when 12 persons were working inside the premises of the Bhavani fire crackers manufacturing unit located at Komarrepalem village under Rayavaram mandal of the East Godavari district, police said.
Two women and a two-year-old child were charred to death after the explosion in the cracker unit caused a fire.
One of four injured persons was stated be serious, Ramachandrapuram DSP S Srinivas said.
A police team led by Srinivas reached the spot and commenced rescue operations. Three fire tenders were pressed into service to control the blaze.
"We received the information (of explosion) at 2 PM and rushed to the spot with the police team. We are yet to ascertain the cause of the explosion and details of workers in the unit were not known immediately," the DSP said.
The bodies were yet to be identified, he added.
Meanwhile, the revenue, police and other top officials have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP