Three charred to death in fire cracker unit explosion in AP
Rajahmundry (AP): Two women and a child were charred to death and four others injured in an explosion in a fire-crackers manufacturing unit in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh Sunday afternoon.
The explosion occurred at around 2 pm when 12 persons were working inside the premises of the Bhavani fire crackers manufacturing unit located at Komarrepalem village under Rayavaram mandal of the East Godavari district, police said.
Two women and a two-year-old child were charred to death after the explosion in the cracker unit caused a fire.
One of four injured persons was stated be serious, Ramachandrapuram DSP S Srinivas said.
A police team led by Srinivas reached the spot and commenced rescue operations. Three fire tenders were pressed into service to control the blaze.
"We received the information (of explosion) at 2 PM and rushed to the spot with the police team. We are yet to ascertain the cause of the explosion and details of workers in the unit were not known immediately," the DSP said.
The bodies were yet to be identified, he added.
Meanwhile, the revenue, police and other top officials have reached the spot.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan