Three charred to death in fire cracker unit explosion in AP
Rajahmundry (AP): Two women and a child were charred to death and four others injured in an explosion in a fire-crackers manufacturing unit in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh Sunday afternoon.
The explosion occurred at around 2 pm when 12 persons were working inside the premises of the Bhavani fire crackers manufacturing unit located at Komarrepalem village under Rayavaram mandal of the East Godavari district, police said.
Two women and a two-year-old child were charred to death after the explosion in the cracker unit caused a fire.
One of four injured persons was stated be serious, Ramachandrapuram DSP S Srinivas said.
A police team led by Srinivas reached the spot and commenced rescue operations. Three fire tenders were pressed into service to control the blaze.
"We received the information (of explosion) at 2 PM and rushed to the spot with the police team. We are yet to ascertain the cause of the explosion and details of workers in the unit were not known immediately," the DSP said.
The bodies were yet to be identified, he added.
Meanwhile, the revenue, police and other top officials have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24
- Soldier wounded in gunfight in Kashmir dies
- Tata Motors in talks to set up car unit in Iran
- Nitin Gadkari-led BJP delegation meets President Pranab Mukhrejee over Kerala violence