Three charred to death in fire cracker unit explosion in AP
Rajahmundry (AP): Two women and a child were charred to death and four others injured in an explosion in a fire-crackers manufacturing unit in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh Sunday afternoon.
The explosion occurred at around 2 pm when 12 persons were working inside the premises of the Bhavani fire crackers manufacturing unit located at Komarrepalem village under Rayavaram mandal of the East Godavari district, police said.
Two women and a two-year-old child were charred to death after the explosion in the cracker unit caused a fire.
One of four injured persons was stated be serious, Ramachandrapuram DSP S Srinivas said.
A police team led by Srinivas reached the spot and commenced rescue operations. Three fire tenders were pressed into service to control the blaze.
"We received the information (of explosion) at 2 PM and rushed to the spot with the police team. We are yet to ascertain the cause of the explosion and details of workers in the unit were not known immediately," the DSP said.
The bodies were yet to be identified, he added.
Meanwhile, the revenue, police and other top officials have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic