Three held for duping unemployed youths of lakhs
Hyderabad: A former security guard was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly duping unemployed youths to the tune of several lakhs on the pretext of recruiting them as home guards, police said. He posed as an official of the Andhra Pradesh chief minister`s security.
Besides Nagendra Prasad, two others, including police constable Y Madhu and a woman identified only as Anitha, were also apprehended by police.
"Nagendra Prasad posed himself as a Reserve Inspector, working in chief minister`s security to lure unemployed youths and collected huge amounts on the pretext of getting them appointed as home guards. He took assistance of police constable Y Madhu," said Cyberabad Police Commissioner C V Anand.
Prasad was arrested twice in the past for the similar offence of cheating youths by promising them jobs in various state government departments, he said.
The police commissioner said that Prasad got acquainted with Madhu and convinced him to lure youths for Rs one lakh by claiming that he had good contacts in DGP office.
"Madhu procured about 40 candidates through his known sources from Srikakulam, Vizianagaram and Eluru areas and collected amount of Rs 40 lakh," Anand said.
Prasad gave the candidates application forms and medical fitness forms through the police constable and kept the matter dragging over appointment orders.
Whenever Madhu insisted, Prasad used to get Madhu speak to another accused Anitha, apparently his acquaintance, who would pose as a staffer in the Home Guard`s office.
Finally, Prasad prepared fake appointment orders making them look like the ones issued by the "Commandant, Home Guards, Hyderabad" and handed them over to the candidates.
The victims realised that they were cheated when they approached the concerned office with the orders, Anand said.
Police uniforms, a fake police identity card, and as many as 27 fake appointment orders of Home Guards were recovered from possession of Prasad among other things, the Cyberabad police chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?