Three picked up by the police for alleged bid to rape woman in AP
Hyderabad: Four men allegedly attempted to a rape a married woman in Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh, the police said on Sunday.
The incident occured last night when the young woman, accompained by her husband was returning from Nereducherla town on a bike to Sonyapahad village after purchasing some groceries, the police said.
The couple stopped their two-wheeler for the woman to answer nature`s call, when four men, who had parked their four-wheeler near the road, tried to sexually assault her.
However, some locals immediately intervened and rescued the couple, the police said, based on a complaint.
Three out of the four accused were picked up by the police after the incident, while another accused is on the run, a senior police officer said.
The police is recording statements of the trio and nobody has been arrested so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...