Three picked up by the police for alleged bid to rape woman in AP
Hyderabad: Four men allegedly attempted to a rape a married woman in Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh, the police said on Sunday.
The incident occured last night when the young woman, accompained by her husband was returning from Nereducherla town on a bike to Sonyapahad village after purchasing some groceries, the police said.
The couple stopped their two-wheeler for the woman to answer nature`s call, when four men, who had parked their four-wheeler near the road, tried to sexually assault her.
However, some locals immediately intervened and rescued the couple, the police said, based on a complaint.
Three out of the four accused were picked up by the police after the incident, while another accused is on the run, a senior police officer said.
The police is recording statements of the trio and nobody has been arrested so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31