Three picked up by the police for alleged bid to rape woman in AP
Hyderabad: Four men allegedly attempted to a rape a married woman in Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh, the police said on Sunday.
The incident occured last night when the young woman, accompained by her husband was returning from Nereducherla town on a bike to Sonyapahad village after purchasing some groceries, the police said.
The couple stopped their two-wheeler for the woman to answer nature`s call, when four men, who had parked their four-wheeler near the road, tried to sexually assault her.
However, some locals immediately intervened and rescued the couple, the police said, based on a complaint.
Three out of the four accused were picked up by the police after the incident, while another accused is on the run, a senior police officer said.
The police is recording statements of the trio and nobody has been arrested so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ