Top Maoist leader Sudershan arrested in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Top Maoist leader Sudershan was Saturday arrested in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district bordering Chhattisgarh, police said.
Sudershan alias Sriramulu Srinivas, a member of the central committee of the Communist Party of India-Maoist, was arrested near Vyra in Khammam district.
A key figure of Andhra-Orissa Border committee of CPI-Maoist, he was carrying Rs 20 lakh reward on his head.
Hailing from Andhra Pradesh, Sudershan is a key accused in the assassination bid on then chief minister N. Chandrababu Naidu in 2003 at Alipiri near Tirupati.
He was also allegedly involved in the murder of state home minister Madhava Reddy in 1999.
He is also suspected to be involved in the kidnapping of Vineel Krishna, collector of Malkangiri district in Orissa last year.
Khammam`s Superintendent of Police A. V. Ranganath confirmed Sudershan`s arrest. He said the Maoist leader would be produced before a magistrate on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar