Top Maoist leader Sudershan arrested in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Top Maoist leader Sudershan was Saturday arrested in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district bordering Chhattisgarh, police said.
Sudershan alias Sriramulu Srinivas, a member of the central committee of the Communist Party of India-Maoist, was arrested near Vyra in Khammam district.
A key figure of Andhra-Orissa Border committee of CPI-Maoist, he was carrying Rs 20 lakh reward on his head.
Hailing from Andhra Pradesh, Sudershan is a key accused in the assassination bid on then chief minister N. Chandrababu Naidu in 2003 at Alipiri near Tirupati.
He was also allegedly involved in the murder of state home minister Madhava Reddy in 1999.
He is also suspected to be involved in the kidnapping of Vineel Krishna, collector of Malkangiri district in Orissa last year.
Khammam`s Superintendent of Police A. V. Ranganath confirmed Sudershan`s arrest. He said the Maoist leader would be produced before a magistrate on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof