TRS chief says no to Hyderabad as union territory
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K. Chandrasekhara Rao on Sunday ruled out accepting Hyderabad as union territory or a permanent joint capital of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
He said his party had no objection if Andhra Pradesh government functioned from here for 10 years as announced by the central government. He, however, made it clear that the Telangana government would run the administration of Hyderabad.
With the protests in Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and Andhra regions) continuing against the decision to carve out a Telangana state and many leaders from those regions demanding union territory status to Hyderabad, TRS leader said this was not acceptable to people of Telangana.
KCR, as Rao is popularly known, was speaking at a meet the press programme organized by Telangana Journalists Forum.
Asked about the protests in Seemandhra, the TRS president said he was not bothered about it as it was for their government to deal with it.
"For us Telangana state has already been formed and this has already been made clear by Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh," he said.
The MP said he never asked employees of Seemandhra to leave and blamed a section of media for misinterpretation.
"I merely said they will have to work for Andhra government while Telangana employees will work for Telangana government," he said.
KCR said he was not asking anybody to leave as people from all regions of the country were settled in Telangana for centuries.
"We need investment. We will welcome whoever comes here for making investment," he said.
He made it clear that the Telugu film industry would not only remain in Hyderabad but would be developed further.
Lauding the role of various sections of people in achieving the separate state, he called for rebuilding Telangana with the same spirit.
Unveiling his vision of Telangana, he said he want to see a smile on the face of people of Telangana who suffered injustice since its merger with Andhra State in 1956.
"People of Telangana suffered injustice in all spheres of life and nobody can dispute this. Their resources were taken away, they were denied employment opportunities. Now they will get justice, their due share and will be able to live a respectable life," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor