TRS MLAs force adjournment of AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti MLAs forced adjournment of the proceedings of Andhra Pradesh Assembly just seven minutes after the first day of the winter session commenced Friday morning.
The TRS MLAs stormed the Speaker`s podium holding placards and demanding that the cases filed against students during the pro-Telangana agitation in December last year be
withdrawn immediately as per the statement made by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Deputy Speaker Nadendla Manohar, who was in the Chair, announced that the government would make a statement in the House on the issue.
Minister for Legislative Affairs D Sridhar Babu too assured the TRS members that a statement would be made on the issue and appealed to them to let order prevail in the House.
The TRS legislators, however, remained adamant and raised slogans demanding withdrawal of cases.
As the din continued, the Deputy Speaker adjourned the proceedings for 15 minutes.
Earlier, the TRS MLAs came in a procession to the Assembly wearing T-shirts with the slogans "Withdraw the cases foisted on students."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical