TRS MLAs force adjournment of AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti MLAs forced adjournment of the proceedings of Andhra Pradesh Assembly just seven minutes after the first day of the winter session commenced Friday morning.
The TRS MLAs stormed the Speaker`s podium holding placards and demanding that the cases filed against students during the pro-Telangana agitation in December last year be
withdrawn immediately as per the statement made by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Deputy Speaker Nadendla Manohar, who was in the Chair, announced that the government would make a statement in the House on the issue.
Minister for Legislative Affairs D Sridhar Babu too assured the TRS members that a statement would be made on the issue and appealed to them to let order prevail in the House.
The TRS legislators, however, remained adamant and raised slogans demanding withdrawal of cases.
As the din continued, the Deputy Speaker adjourned the proceedings for 15 minutes.
Earlier, the TRS MLAs came in a procession to the Assembly wearing T-shirts with the slogans "Withdraw the cases foisted on students."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people