TRS MLAs force adjournment of AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti MLAs forced adjournment of the proceedings of Andhra Pradesh Assembly just seven minutes after the first day of the winter session commenced Friday morning.
The TRS MLAs stormed the Speaker`s podium holding placards and demanding that the cases filed against students during the pro-Telangana agitation in December last year be
withdrawn immediately as per the statement made by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Deputy Speaker Nadendla Manohar, who was in the Chair, announced that the government would make a statement in the House on the issue.
Minister for Legislative Affairs D Sridhar Babu too assured the TRS members that a statement would be made on the issue and appealed to them to let order prevail in the House.
The TRS legislators, however, remained adamant and raised slogans demanding withdrawal of cases.
As the din continued, the Deputy Speaker adjourned the proceedings for 15 minutes.
Earlier, the TRS MLAs came in a procession to the Assembly wearing T-shirts with the slogans "Withdraw the cases foisted on students."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?