TRS MLAs force adjournment of AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti MLAs forced adjournment of the proceedings of Andhra Pradesh Assembly just seven minutes after the first day of the winter session commenced Friday morning.
The TRS MLAs stormed the Speaker`s podium holding placards and demanding that the cases filed against students during the pro-Telangana agitation in December last year be
withdrawn immediately as per the statement made by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Deputy Speaker Nadendla Manohar, who was in the Chair, announced that the government would make a statement in the House on the issue.
Minister for Legislative Affairs D Sridhar Babu too assured the TRS members that a statement would be made on the issue and appealed to them to let order prevail in the House.
The TRS legislators, however, remained adamant and raised slogans demanding withdrawal of cases.
As the din continued, the Deputy Speaker adjourned the proceedings for 15 minutes.
Earlier, the TRS MLAs came in a procession to the Assembly wearing T-shirts with the slogans "Withdraw the cases foisted on students."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!