TRS opposes allotment of iron ore mines to Vizag Steel Plant
Hyderabad: The TRS on Saturday voiced opposition to the allotment of iron ore mines at Bayyaram in Khammam district to Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, a Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) enterprise.
Mineral resources of Telangana region were being unjustifiably given to the RINL enterprise in coastal Andhra region, TRS MLA T Harish Rao alleged.
Assembly Deputy Speaker M Bhatti Vikramarka and Congress legislator P Sudhakar Reddy, however, dismissed the protest.
Reddy said the Visakhapatnam Steel Plant had come forward to set up an integrated steel and benefaction plant at Bayyaram, and TRS and TDP were only politicising the issue.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy also rejected the allegation that mineral wealth in Telangana was being given away to non-Telangana regions.
"RINL is a national project. The steel plant belongs to the whole nation. It is a national property and does not belong to any region or any state. The Andhra Pradesh government or coastal Andhra region do not hold shares in the plant," he said in Visakhapatnam.
Earlier this month, the Andhra Pradesh government had decided to allot 5,324 hectares of iron ore mines to Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?