TRS opposes allotment of iron ore mines to Vizag Steel Plant
Hyderabad: The TRS on Saturday voiced opposition to the allotment of iron ore mines at Bayyaram in Khammam district to Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, a Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) enterprise.
Mineral resources of Telangana region were being unjustifiably given to the RINL enterprise in coastal Andhra region, TRS MLA T Harish Rao alleged.
Assembly Deputy Speaker M Bhatti Vikramarka and Congress legislator P Sudhakar Reddy, however, dismissed the protest.
Reddy said the Visakhapatnam Steel Plant had come forward to set up an integrated steel and benefaction plant at Bayyaram, and TRS and TDP were only politicising the issue.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy also rejected the allegation that mineral wealth in Telangana was being given away to non-Telangana regions.
"RINL is a national project. The steel plant belongs to the whole nation. It is a national property and does not belong to any region or any state. The Andhra Pradesh government or coastal Andhra region do not hold shares in the plant," he said in Visakhapatnam.
Earlier this month, the Andhra Pradesh government had decided to allot 5,324 hectares of iron ore mines to Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand