TRS opposes allotment of iron ore mines to Vizag Steel Plant
Hyderabad: The TRS on Saturday voiced opposition to the allotment of iron ore mines at Bayyaram in Khammam district to Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, a Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) enterprise.
Mineral resources of Telangana region were being unjustifiably given to the RINL enterprise in coastal Andhra region, TRS MLA T Harish Rao alleged.
Assembly Deputy Speaker M Bhatti Vikramarka and Congress legislator P Sudhakar Reddy, however, dismissed the protest.
Reddy said the Visakhapatnam Steel Plant had come forward to set up an integrated steel and benefaction plant at Bayyaram, and TRS and TDP were only politicising the issue.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy also rejected the allegation that mineral wealth in Telangana was being given away to non-Telangana regions.
"RINL is a national project. The steel plant belongs to the whole nation. It is a national property and does not belong to any region or any state. The Andhra Pradesh government or coastal Andhra region do not hold shares in the plant," he said in Visakhapatnam.
Earlier this month, the Andhra Pradesh government had decided to allot 5,324 hectares of iron ore mines to Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family