TRS to protest on Jan 18 before Assembly Speaker`s office
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samiti Tuesday decided to stage a protest in front of the Assembly Speaker’s
office here on January 18 to exert pressure for acceptance of
the resignation of 10 party MLAs.
The TRS politburo at its meeting here also decided to
continue its agitation till Telangana state is created.
TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters after the
meeting that he would undertake a bus yatra (tour) of the
districts in the region along with other leaders after
Sankranti festival to step up the struggle for Telangana.
"The TRS has two MPs, 10 MLAs and one MLC. We all have
decided to exert pressure on the Lok Sabha and the Assembly
Speakers and the Legislative Council Chairman to accept our
resignations. In this direction, we will stage a protest in
front of the Assembly Speaker’s office here on January 18,"
He appealed to people of the region in general and the
students in particular not to resort to extreme steps like
suicide but take part in the struggle for a separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez