Two-day strike by trade unions begins in AP
Hyderabad: The nationwide strike called by Central Trade Unions in support of their various demands began in Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday with the personnel of various public sector organisations staying away from work.
The employees of various public sector banks began protest at the Bank Street at Koti here as part of the strike. The leaders of the bank unions sit-out at the government`s alleged attempts to dilute the public sector banking system.
The other trade unions have also planned protests during the two-days of the strike.
In Vijayawada, the trade unions took out a rally and demanded that the government respond to their demands.
The staff of the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) have also joined the strike in different parts of the state.
The employees of the State-run miner Singareni Collieries Company Ltd (SCCL), spread in various Telangana districts, have also stayed away from the duties, reports reaching here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read