Two-day strike by trade unions begins in AP
Hyderabad: The nationwide strike called by Central Trade Unions in support of their various demands began in Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday with the personnel of various public sector organisations staying away from work.
The employees of various public sector banks began protest at the Bank Street at Koti here as part of the strike. The leaders of the bank unions sit-out at the government`s alleged attempts to dilute the public sector banking system.
The other trade unions have also planned protests during the two-days of the strike.
In Vijayawada, the trade unions took out a rally and demanded that the government respond to their demands.
The staff of the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) have also joined the strike in different parts of the state.
The employees of the State-run miner Singareni Collieries Company Ltd (SCCL), spread in various Telangana districts, have also stayed away from the duties, reports reaching here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?