Two-day strike by trade unions begins in AP
Hyderabad: The nationwide strike called by Central Trade Unions in support of their various demands began in Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday with the personnel of various public sector organisations staying away from work.
The employees of various public sector banks began protest at the Bank Street at Koti here as part of the strike. The leaders of the bank unions sit-out at the government`s alleged attempts to dilute the public sector banking system.
The other trade unions have also planned protests during the two-days of the strike.
In Vijayawada, the trade unions took out a rally and demanded that the government respond to their demands.
The staff of the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) have also joined the strike in different parts of the state.
The employees of the State-run miner Singareni Collieries Company Ltd (SCCL), spread in various Telangana districts, have also stayed away from the duties, reports reaching here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre