Undemocratic to stop Chandrababu Naidu`s yatra: CPI
Hyderabad: Telangana supporters should mount pressure on the ruling Congress which is supposed to take a decision on the contentious issue instead of training their guns on opposition parties, CPI state secretary K Narayana said here Tuesday.
Referring to the Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) organising protests against the `padayatra` of TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu in Telangana region, the CPI leader said it is undemocratic to try to stop someone from taking up political activity.
"If you have any differences with any political party, you can criticise them. But it is undemocratic to try to stop someone. Pressure can be mounted on ruling party. But it is strange to train guns on opposition parties," he said.
Naidu’s march, which began on October 2, entered the Telangana region yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!