Vizag: Fire near IOC petrol bunker creates panic
Viaskhapatnam: Fire at the premises of a petrol bunker of Indian Oil Corporation sparked off panic in the agency area of Araku Valley in the Vizag district today.
But it was doused in time by the police and the locals.
Generator room in the premises, where the fire started, was completely gutted. Police believe short circuit to be the reason.
As the staff ran away fearing explosion, residents in the nearby areas too panicked and left homes.
Inspector K Kumara Swamy said a major mishap was averted, as the bunker was only 30 mt from the generator room.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune