YSR Congress leader Shobha Nagi Reddy dead
Hyderabad: YSR Congress leader Bhuma Shobha Nagi Reddy, who was injured in a road accident late Wednesday, died at a private hospital here Thursday, party leaders said. She was 41.
She is survived by her husband, former parliamentarian Bhuma Nagi Reddy, two daughters and a son.
Shobha, who was YSR Congress candidate from Allagadda assembly constituency in Kurnool district, was critically injured when her car overturned Wednesday night near Allagadda, about 300 km from here.
The former legislator was shifted to a hospital in Hyderabad where she breathed her last around 11.05 am Thursday.
Shobha, a four-time assembly member, began her political career with the Telugu Desam Party (TDP). She joined the Praja Rajyam Party (PRP) floated by actor-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi in 2008 and was elected to the assembly on a PRP ticket in 2009.
After Chiranjeevi merged his party with the Congress in 2011, she joined the YSR Congress of YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH