1 dead, 4 injured in tanker-truck collision
Jorhat: One person was killed and four others were seriously injured in a head-on collision between a truck and a tanker early Monday morning at upper Assam`s Jorhat district.
Police said the mishap took place on National Highway 37 in Janji town around 4.30 am when the tanker, on way from Jorhat to Digboi, hit a truck coming from the opposite direction.
The driver of the truck, Krishna Kalita, died at the spot. Four other persons sustained serious injuries in the accident.
The injured have been shifted to Guwahati for furrther treatment.
Meanwhile, in another incident late last night, a police constable was seriously injured after being hit by a night service bus in Jorhat city.
The accident took place when the bus, on its way from Jorhat to Guwahati, hit constable Mintu Saikia outside the Polibor police station. The driver of the bus was arrested.
Saikia is undergoing treatment at the Jorhat Medical College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon