1 dead, 4 injured in tanker-truck collision
Jorhat: One person was killed and four others were seriously injured in a head-on collision between a truck and a tanker early Monday morning at upper Assam`s Jorhat district.
Police said the mishap took place on National Highway 37 in Janji town around 4.30 am when the tanker, on way from Jorhat to Digboi, hit a truck coming from the opposite direction.
The driver of the truck, Krishna Kalita, died at the spot. Four other persons sustained serious injuries in the accident.
The injured have been shifted to Guwahati for furrther treatment.
Meanwhile, in another incident late last night, a police constable was seriously injured after being hit by a night service bus in Jorhat city.
The accident took place when the bus, on its way from Jorhat to Guwahati, hit constable Mintu Saikia outside the Polibor police station. The driver of the bus was arrested.
Saikia is undergoing treatment at the Jorhat Medical College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!