1 dead, 4 injured in tanker-truck collision
Jorhat: One person was killed and four others were seriously injured in a head-on collision between a truck and a tanker early Monday morning at upper Assam`s Jorhat district.
Police said the mishap took place on National Highway 37 in Janji town around 4.30 am when the tanker, on way from Jorhat to Digboi, hit a truck coming from the opposite direction.
The driver of the truck, Krishna Kalita, died at the spot. Four other persons sustained serious injuries in the accident.
The injured have been shifted to Guwahati for furrther treatment.
Meanwhile, in another incident late last night, a police constable was seriously injured after being hit by a night service bus in Jorhat city.
The accident took place when the bus, on its way from Jorhat to Guwahati, hit constable Mintu Saikia outside the Polibor police station. The driver of the bus was arrested.
Saikia is undergoing treatment at the Jorhat Medical College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- "Voices under the rubble" after quake hits Italy; at least 38 dead
- Rafael Nadal to make Brisbane International debut in 2017
- Turkey tanks enter Syria in anti-Islamic State operation
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati