22 school students run away from hostel due to ragging
Silchar: At least 22 students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya fled from their hostel following ragging by senior students in Assam`s Hailakandi district, official sources said today.
Two class nine students were allegedly locked up in a toilet last evening by senior students as a part of ragging after which a fight broke out between students of both classes.
After the fight, the students, belonging to both classes, fearing reprisal from the school authorities ran away from the hostel last night.
The students were traced today to the railway station and other places of Hailakandi town from where they were brought back to the school.
The junior students alleged that they were regularly being ragged by senior students for the past several months.
The school authorities have suspended 21 senior students in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic