22 school students run away from hostel due to ragging
Silchar: At least 22 students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya fled from their hostel following ragging by senior students in Assam`s Hailakandi district, official sources said today.
Two class nine students were allegedly locked up in a toilet last evening by senior students as a part of ragging after which a fight broke out between students of both classes.
After the fight, the students, belonging to both classes, fearing reprisal from the school authorities ran away from the hostel last night.
The students were traced today to the railway station and other places of Hailakandi town from where they were brought back to the school.
The junior students alleged that they were regularly being ragged by senior students for the past several months.
The school authorities have suspended 21 senior students in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- HDFC Realty, SBI Caps to auction 61 properties of Sahara
- Tech Mahindra net soars 90% to Rs 897-crore on margin surge, forex gains
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad's Ashish Nehra to undergo knee surgery
- DCW assures strict action against woman for thrashing 85-year-old mother
- Tintu Luka aiming to run under two-minute races: P T Usha