78 killed, 191 kidnapped in Assam in 2-yr time
Guwahati: Altogether 78 persons were killed and 191 kidnapped by different insurgent outfits in Assam during the last two years when 20 security personnel were also killed, minister Rockybul Hussain said today in the Assembly.
In reply to a written query of Ali Hossain (AIUDF), the minister replying on behalf of Chief minister Tarun Gogoi said there were also 601 incidents of violence during the period.
The ULFA (anti-talk) faction had killed 16 persons, including a 10-year-old girl, a four-year-old boy and girl each, while the NDFB (anti-talk) had killed 12 civilians including a 10-year-old-boy, Hussain said.
The Karbi Peoples Liberation Tigers (KPLT) killed 12, (NSCN-IM/K) four, Meghalaya based Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) three, Kamatapur Liberation Organisation (KLO), KRA, DNRF, HPC and DHD-Jewel one each, besides 25 by other outfits.
A total of 135 militants were killed and 2749 arrested during the period, he said.
To another question, the minister said five underground outfits are active in Assam and they are ULFA-Liberation, National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), KPLT, KLO, Muslim United Tigers of Assam (MULTA) and Harkat-ul-Mujahideen (HUM) Assam unit.
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017