78 killed, 191 kidnapped in Assam in 2-yr time
Guwahati: Altogether 78 persons were killed and 191 kidnapped by different insurgent outfits in Assam during the last two years when 20 security personnel were also killed, minister Rockybul Hussain said today in the Assembly.
In reply to a written query of Ali Hossain (AIUDF), the minister replying on behalf of Chief minister Tarun Gogoi said there were also 601 incidents of violence during the period.
The ULFA (anti-talk) faction had killed 16 persons, including a 10-year-old girl, a four-year-old boy and girl each, while the NDFB (anti-talk) had killed 12 civilians including a 10-year-old-boy, Hussain said.
The Karbi Peoples Liberation Tigers (KPLT) killed 12, (NSCN-IM/K) four, Meghalaya based Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) three, Kamatapur Liberation Organisation (KLO), KRA, DNRF, HPC and DHD-Jewel one each, besides 25 by other outfits.
A total of 135 militants were killed and 2749 arrested during the period, he said.
To another question, the minister said five underground outfits are active in Assam and they are ULFA-Liberation, National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), KPLT, KLO, Muslim United Tigers of Assam (MULTA) and Harkat-ul-Mujahideen (HUM) Assam unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested