Advani remarks will create hurdles: Assam minister
Dhubri (Assam): Assam Health and Education Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Thursday alleged that BJP leader LK Advani`s statement yesterday in Parliament would create further hurdles in the way of peace returning to Lower Assam.
"The people of both the communities have taken the initiative to create trust among each other and such statements by prominent politicians at this moment will lead to further complications," Sarma told reporters here.
Advani had said that the violence in Assam should not be seen as a communal incident and no one should regard it as a Hindu versus Muslim affair or a tribal versus non-tribal one as the basic issue is between Indians and infiltrators from across the border.
"The conflict is a humanitarian problem and we should not bring politics into it. Advani has approached the entire problem from the point of view election politics with an eye on getting votes in the next elections," Sarma said.
``We had expected the senior leader to make a statement that will help in restoring peace and confidence among the Bodos and the minorities; instead he brought politics into it," he added.
The problem between the Bodos and Muslims would be soon resolved, he said, through "dialogue and promotion of mutual trust and politicians should keep out of it".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!