Another rhino killed by poachers in Kaziranga
Jorhat: A rhino was killed and its horn removed at the Kaziranga National Park in Assam making it the fifth to have fallen prey to poachers this month.
The rhino was killed yesterday near Hatibandi Camp under Bagori range on the southern side of the park along Nagaon and Karbi Anglong districts, divisional forest officer (DFO) D D Gogoi said today.
Two empty cartridges of AK-47 assault rifle were recovered near the carcass, Gogoi said.
The police suspect the involvement of Karbi Peoples Liberation Tiger (KPLT) insurgents in the poaching.
A male rhino was killed on Sunday night near Borholla camp in the Burapahar range of the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad