Another rhino killed by poachers in Kaziranga
Jorhat: A rhino was killed and its horn removed at the Kaziranga National Park in Assam making it the fifth to have fallen prey to poachers this month.
The rhino was killed yesterday near Hatibandi Camp under Bagori range on the southern side of the park along Nagaon and Karbi Anglong districts, divisional forest officer (DFO) D D Gogoi said today.
Two empty cartridges of AK-47 assault rifle were recovered near the carcass, Gogoi said.
The police suspect the involvement of Karbi Peoples Liberation Tiger (KPLT) insurgents in the poaching.
A male rhino was killed on Sunday night near Borholla camp in the Burapahar range of the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman