Another rhino killed by poachers in Kaziranga
Jorhat: A rhino was killed and its horn removed at the Kaziranga National Park in Assam making it the fifth to have fallen prey to poachers this month.
The rhino was killed yesterday near Hatibandi Camp under Bagori range on the southern side of the park along Nagaon and Karbi Anglong districts, divisional forest officer (DFO) D D Gogoi said today.
Two empty cartridges of AK-47 assault rifle were recovered near the carcass, Gogoi said.
The police suspect the involvement of Karbi Peoples Liberation Tiger (KPLT) insurgents in the poaching.
A male rhino was killed on Sunday night near Borholla camp in the Burapahar range of the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown