Dry days before second phase of polls on Feb 6
Guwahati: The Assam government has declared dry days for 48 hours before polling on the second phase of Panchayat elections gets under way on February 6.
Dry Days have been declared for a period of 48 hours from 3:00 pm of February four till 3 pm of February six, an official release said on Monday.
During the period, possession of intoxicating substance, distribution of spirits, fermented or intoxicating liquors or other alike substances at any hotel, eating house, tavern, shop or any other public or private place have been banned within any polling area.
All bonded warehouses, IMFL retail shops and country spirit shops will remain closed during the said period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog