Dry days before second phase of polls on Feb 6
Guwahati: The Assam government has declared dry days for 48 hours before polling on the second phase of Panchayat elections gets under way on February 6.
Dry Days have been declared for a period of 48 hours from 3:00 pm of February four till 3 pm of February six, an official release said on Monday.
During the period, possession of intoxicating substance, distribution of spirits, fermented or intoxicating liquors or other alike substances at any hotel, eating house, tavern, shop or any other public or private place have been banned within any polling area.
All bonded warehouses, IMFL retail shops and country spirit shops will remain closed during the said period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof