Arms, explosives found in Goalpara
Goalpara: Arms and explosives, including AK-47 rifles, were recovered on Thursday near the Naranarayan Setu from two suspected militants in lower Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
On prior information, a joint army and police team launched a search operation this morning in the area and recovered five AK-47 rifles, three hand-made grenades, two knives and as many army uniforms from the duo, they said.
The apprehended two were identified as Ananda Biswas and Chirimithu Malla, but it was yet to be ascertained as to which militant outfit they belonged to.
The road-cum-rail Naranarayan Setu bridge over river Brahmaputra connects Pancharatna in Goalpara district with Jogigopha in Bongaigaon district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video