Arms, explosives found in Goalpara
Goalpara: Arms and explosives, including AK-47 rifles, were recovered on Thursday near the Naranarayan Setu from two suspected militants in lower Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
On prior information, a joint army and police team launched a search operation this morning in the area and recovered five AK-47 rifles, three hand-made grenades, two knives and as many army uniforms from the duo, they said.
The apprehended two were identified as Ananda Biswas and Chirimithu Malla, but it was yet to be ascertained as to which militant outfit they belonged to.
The road-cum-rail Naranarayan Setu bridge over river Brahmaputra connects Pancharatna in Goalpara district with Jogigopha in Bongaigaon district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read