Arms, explosives found in Goalpara
Goalpara: Arms and explosives, including AK-47 rifles, were recovered on Thursday near the Naranarayan Setu from two suspected militants in lower Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
On prior information, a joint army and police team launched a search operation this morning in the area and recovered five AK-47 rifles, three hand-made grenades, two knives and as many army uniforms from the duo, they said.
The apprehended two were identified as Ananda Biswas and Chirimithu Malla, but it was yet to be ascertained as to which militant outfit they belonged to.
The road-cum-rail Naranarayan Setu bridge over river Brahmaputra connects Pancharatna in Goalpara district with Jogigopha in Bongaigaon district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!