Arms, explosives found in Goalpara
Goalpara: Arms and explosives, including AK-47 rifles, were recovered on Thursday near the Naranarayan Setu from two suspected militants in lower Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
On prior information, a joint army and police team launched a search operation this morning in the area and recovered five AK-47 rifles, three hand-made grenades, two knives and as many army uniforms from the duo, they said.
The apprehended two were identified as Ananda Biswas and Chirimithu Malla, but it was yet to be ascertained as to which militant outfit they belonged to.
The road-cum-rail Naranarayan Setu bridge over river Brahmaputra connects Pancharatna in Goalpara district with Jogigopha in Bongaigaon district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row